Everything you need to know about sports socks
Sports socks have become an important aspect of sports attire. Different types of socks are being used for different sports as well. The features of these socks, such as moisture-wicking technology, elasticity, durability, cushioning and support differ from one another. On the other hand, they have been provided with attractive colors and catchy designs, which are in a position to create a tremendous impact on consumer behavior. Here is a list of different types of socks that are being used in different sports.
- Basketball socks – Basketball socks can be either crew socks or mid-calf socks. They have been designed to match perfectly well with the high-cut basketball shoes. In other words, these socks are in a position to provide protection to the ankle against rubbing the top part of the shoe. These socks also have the potential to absorb impact while reducing friction when basketball players run across the court.
- Baseball socks – Baseball socks have a tube shape and they extend all the way up to your kneecap. That’s because the baseball game is associated with a lot of sliding. These socks are in a position to help baseball players protect the skin from damages that can take place as a result of sliding. These socks are also in a position to keep mud and dirt away. Polypropylene is being used to make baseball socks, which are durable and lightweight.
- Running socks – You will not be able to find any seams along the toes of running socks. They are designed in such a way to keep your toes unharmed when you run long distances. The running socks come along with excellent moisture wicking properties as well. On the other hand, they are in a position to provide an excellent support to the arches of your feet.
- Lacrosse socks – The Lacrosse socks are designed to go up to your kneecap. They come along with mesh areas, which have the ability to manage moisture in an effective manner. You will also be able to find compressive zones near the arches of feet. The top areas of these socks are provided with an enhanced elasticity in order to keep them away from rolling down.
- Hockey socks – Hockey players usually wear two socks. The inner socks are being designed to keep their feet comfortable. On the other hand, the outer socks work as knee guards and shin guards. Rib knit fabric is being used when making hockey socks in order to enhance their durability and make them breathable.
- Football socks – The football socks go all the way up to your knees. They are made out of a durable, breathable, stretchy and lightweight material. Extra cushioning has been provided to toes and heels in order to minimize the damage caused by kicks.
Now you have a clear understanding about different socks that are being used for different sports. If you want to purchase them, you can simply visit Socks n Socks as they have got something for everyone.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.